AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
BStrand
BStrand
@bstrand
Member P&R
Joined: September 22, 2017 7:29 am
Last seen: August 25, 2026 6:24 pm
Topics: 116 / Replies: 2665
Reply
RE: Easement Question

This seems pretty straightforward to me. You need to have whatever utility confirm or deny a pipeline is actually there and then have them mark the l...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

@holy-cow They call them homestead entry surveys in Idaho and donation land claims in Oregon and Washington I believe.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

All the world? That's a lot of interested parties.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

Sounds pretty ocd to me. Unless you're dealing with some government blockhead then maybe it's acceptable. But you realize how silly of an exercise ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A what?

Never heard of such a thing. I assume they mean railroad tie, so maybe it was simply a fence post that pre-dated the road.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

Right, my point was there's nothing inherently bad about staking from a cad file. Like simply admitting I used the cad file isn't going to instantly ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

Yeah, it's not even possible to build the thing in the paper plans with just those plans. I have a project right now where the civil plans have eleva...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

It seems the only way anyone would even know a surveyor used the cad file is if the surveyor told them. And what's the "proper" way to do it anyway?...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

You've been burned in a lawsuit this way? I'd be curious where these paper plans came from if the cad file is not reliable. Are there still enginee...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

I received an invite to bid on a small county project which is basically a sheet metal building with a small parking lot, so I clicked the link to dow...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

@murphy I tend to agree, but linear feet of curb doesn't really tell me how many PCs and PTs are out there.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

Probably right about that.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

Expert in survey things, sure, not building things. I don't know why the GC is even there if they can't provide a scope. They should be responsible ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

@john-putnam Nice. I'm 2 for 2 this year on staking projects. I don't count the T&M ones since my estimating effort matched their scoping effort...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

I've been going through the plans and picking out stuff that I think they will probably ask to have staked and then itemize that with a lump sum price...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking Scopes?

That was my first inclination. I tried that with 1 or 2 projects and one estimator emailed back with "All I see here is a T&M price, can I get yo...

4 months ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 1675
Reply
RE: Creek boundary - What say you?

Sounds kind of like an aliquot part... it's whatever you say it is.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

I don't think it really matters what we think. At some point you gotta make it worth your time and that's all there is to say about it. Like you sa...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

Yeah, this guy probably should have just built it on the down low. This is what happens when you try to do things the right way. 😏

4 months ago
Page 2 / 140