AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
BStrand
BStrand
@bstrand
Member P&R
Joined: September 22, 2017 7:29 am
Last seen: August 25, 2026 6:24 pm
Topics: 116 / Replies: 2665
Reply
RE: How do you check a rebuilt plat someone hands you?

What do you mean rebuilt? Someone drew out an existing plat? If it's just for search calcs then I'm probably just gonna make a quick glance to see i...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Schonstedt over the other brands.

@robertusa Yeah, but guys are rocking shonstedts from 1975 since they never die; I don't see them going out and dropping 1k just to get a pistol grip....

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

@holy-cow I've heard the "professional" talk for a while now. What I've come to see is it's kind of nonsense because all people really care about in ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

@norman-oklahoma I can see that being the case with a random GC but with government stuff the playing field seems to be a bit more even. I actually ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

@holy-cow I wouldn't mind so much if they had some actual data to back up their reasoning, but since there's no detailed explanation for rejecting so ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

Got the rejection letter today, was interesting seeing one of these. My first question was WTF does a fire chief and board of commissioners know abo...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Schonstedt over the other brands.

Holy thread necro batman. I will just add that I bought a Subsurface for myself a few years ago and I like it. I used Schonstedts almost entirely b...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

It's not a very large station, I think maybe about the size of a dollar store with 2 floors and a 2 bay garage and a smallish parking lot. But yeah ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Public Project Staking

@norman-oklahoma Interesting, first I've heard of this book. I'd be curious to see what it says about surveying. The more I think about this the mo...

2 months ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1551
Reply
RE: More Staking Questions

At the last place I worked they said in their contract boundary projects will be completed within 16 weeks. 😐 So I guess that's how you handle...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: More Staking Questions

@holy-cow They always have a date where they stop accepting estimates from subs which they post, so I guess I could give them a dead date 1 day after ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

Boise Meridian for me. The initial point is only like 10 miles away and I've lived here 9 years and still haven't been to it. 🤣

2 months ago
Reply
RE: More Staking Questions

@wa-id-surveyor Maybe I've been lucky, but the ones I've worked for so far have agreed to my terms and paid up. My only real complaint is being in th...

2 months ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1315
Reply
RE: Fess up if you have done something similar

I finally did something like this recently, but it was pretty mild since it was caught before any money was wasted. A guy requested a boundary survey...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

@holy-cow In that case it's not really an easement question, it's more of a customer service question. 😏

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

No color of title, just a simple encroachment.  

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Say I've been paying taxes on what the county is calling 2 acres for 30 years and I have a fence that encroaches on my neighbor a little bit. I have ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Idaho has this rule as well but I've become more skeptical of how much it can actually protect someone. How does any landowner know the taxes they pa...

3 months ago
Page 1 / 140