AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bradl
bradl
@bradl
Free
Joined: October 21, 2011 8:11 am
Last seen: March 10, 2025 10:04 am
Topics: 26 / Replies: 208
Reply
RE: Working along Native American boundary lines

@jamesf1 "Reservation Boundaries may only be resurveyed by BLM Surveyors or CFeds license holders, WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE TRIBE." That statement isn...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Products

Our crews will use the TSC7 for about everything besides simple traverse.?ÿ TSC3's typically are collecting dust.?ÿ Granted crews here never deal with...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: ESRI vs EPSG Which State Plane Coord System To Use in the USA?

@consultant To me it would make sense if my survey was tied to HARN monuments, or HPGN as they are typically called here in CA.?ÿ The reason it has su...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: ESRI vs EPSG Which State Plane Coord System To Use in the USA?

@consultant I should have been more clear in stating if I used the epoch of 3500 (2007), I would get 1' different that if I used the current epoch.&n...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: ESRI vs EPSG Which State Plane Coord System To Use in the USA?

@consultant By going to EPSG.io and searching 'NAD83 California' it shows many coordinate reference system.  Those reference systems are all dif...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: ESRI vs EPSG Which State Plane Coord System To Use in the USA?

EPSG, however ERSI should be using EPSG projections.?ÿ EPSG provides the metadata to 'move' to other projections and can be back checked.?ÿ I don't be...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Products

We have 2 5800, 3 R8 m3, 1 R10 m1, 2 S6, 5600, SX10 & TX8 and a couple of TSCe, TSC1, TSC2, TSC3, & TSC7. I really can't say too many bad thin...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Who Owns this Property?

Typically if it says right-of-way, it only conveys an easement interest.?ÿ Quick look of Texas case law supports this as well: TEXAS ELECTRIC RY. CO. ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New Trimble X7

There are significantly longer scan times with the SX10, and I wouldn't use it beyond a dozen or so scans.?ÿ But if I'm trying to capture a bridge, I ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: In Search of

check out the Transportation Curriculum Coordinate Council.?ÿ They have survey webinars related to 3d models and construction, we offer them for free ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New Trimble X7

Unless this is ridiculously cheaper than the SX10, its hard to see how this would be a huge benefit to the surveying community.?ÿ I know my point clou...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What were you surveying on 9-11-2001?

Just woke up, turned on the TV and saw the second plane hit.?ÿ After that, I went to class.?ÿ I honestly can't recall anything else from that day, exc...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdivision of SW1/4 of Section 11???

I would say it may be neither bearing-bearing or equal distance, but where the best evidence places the C 1/4. I'm reminded of a survey I worked on in...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Check backsight in Access showing errors

Did you perform the compensator calibration and collimation??ÿ With the S6, Trimble recommends that those functions are performed daily.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Opportunity for Oregon PLS

@stlsurveyor I don't believe I needed the references, but did have to take the State Specific Exam.?ÿ It wasn't a cake walk, and I thought it was a re...

7 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Trimble Measure codes string numbers issue

Are you saying a code like FL2 (flowline) switches to FL1??ÿ?ÿ I've used multiple TSC2's and haven't seen this.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deliverables

I wonder if this is because those architects and engineers feel they aren't getting a CAD product they can directly work from or it doesn't look how t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD

AutoCAD does draft about 50% of my product.?ÿ I couldn't image creating contours by hand, especially from a point cloud.?ÿ Could you image having to d...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Right of Way Monuments (Again)

I would turn to the order of importance of conflicting elements. A. Unwritten rights.?ÿ Not applicable B. Senior rights.?ÿ Everyone's right appears to...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Land Surveyor Career Opportunity: PLS or LSIT

Odds are the pay isn't enough to afford a house on a single income, but nothing here really does.?ÿ You'd need to make $171k/yr to afford a house in S...

8 years ago
Page 3 / 12