AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bm-nolan
bm-nolan
@bm-nolan
Free
Joined: February 13, 2021 4:09 pm
Last seen: June 23, 2026 4:47 pm
Topics: 0 / Replies: 23
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 / Hemisphere S631 repeatability

@elieen-koyeela Feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]! I'll see if I can scrounge some stuff up for you.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Issues with Carlson BRX7 radio

What antennas are you using on the units? Have you tried the 900 MHz just to see if you get any better range? You may need to send a command to the un...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC

@stevejo Sorry for seeing this late, I have been terrifically busy working on some videos and other fun projects. I am not sure I can link a download ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS-RS aborting

I have noticed with OPUS it sometimes fails on static files for no real reason, I suspect it is some limitation in their engine. If you have a file li...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Phantom P40 GNSS board?

Hi CGI, The P40 board is no longer made by Unistrong as due to the US CHIP Act, Hemisphere was required to be sold off. They are now under the Case Ne...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 and Skyplots from Rinex Files

I agree with you, it is pretty odd why they decided to do it that way. I'll let you know if in my poking around, I find out why exactly they did it th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 and Skyplots from Rinex Files

What other Rinex convertor were you using that gave you the sky plot in the .o file? I was talking to some of the folks at Hemisphere and they say the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 and Skyplots from Rinex Files

I'll ask around and see if there are any better solutions out there.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 and Skyplots from Rinex Files

Hi Jeff, What tool are you using in Emlid Studio? I am not super familiar with Emlid Studio but I wanted to take a look at what you were seeing. When ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 and Skyplots from Rinex Files

Hey that's me! This should work for any Hemisphere boarded receiver (including the BRx7). If you need the latest Rinex convertor feel free to send me ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC

From what we have been able to tell, it is in how the receiver identifies itself. So it is probably a combination of serial number and how the receive...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 / Hemisphere S631 repeatability

Hi Luke, interesting, good to know. I have not done a ton of testing on the P20 specifically, but my understanding is the P20 v P40 board are an indi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 / Hemisphere S631 repeatability

Hi Hoosier, I agree with you, I have some plans to do some NEZ tests in the future (and even some total station vs gnss comparison stuff). I am workin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 / Hemisphere S631 repeatability

Hi Luke Carlson and Hemisphere are not under the Hexagon tent. Carlson is actually a stand alone private company who buy receivers from Hemisphere, wh...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC

Hemisphere is pretty bad about updating their support section of their site, if anyone needs the latest firmware please send me a message. I have a dr...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC

What Carlson has done to block out certain units from their software like the Hemisphere S631 and Stonex units (or any unit that retails less then the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 / Hemisphere S631 repeatability

Hi Luke, full disclosure, I do work at a shop as a support technician that sells Hemisphere S631 units. However, with the Hemisphere boards (the Carls...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx7

Just to add to this, the Carlson BRx7 is made by Hemisphere GNSS (the Hemisphere S631 is the OEM version, Stonex no longer has access to the Hemispher...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: BRX7 vs. S900A vs. S631

Hemisphere is the OEM manufacturer for both the Carlson BRx7 and Stonex S900A. All three use the Hemisphere Phantom 40 board. Carlson takes the Hemisp...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRx6+ bricked

@benjarratt If you have not already solved the issue, there is a way to reflash these units and more than likely fix your issue. Occasionally, somethi...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 2