AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 9:37 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Upcoming GPS reliability

The location indicated by the Wikipedia article is certainly within the first circle of the FAA map, but misses the center by 50 or 75 miles. I can't...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: I feel like my Extreme Traversing Talents are wasting away

When will it end? When congress fails to fund GPS satellite replacements for so long that we lose decent coverage, or some rogue country decides to s...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Video for you young guys

Interesting film.One nit-pick: They show a solar compass while talking about the very beginnings of the rectangular survey, about 50 years too early f...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: I was stiffed in 2008...

>"Easy pal, I got relatives in Texas ya know!"Reminds me of a Groucho Marx line, for those old enough to remember the many automobile names of the ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Explain "Weak Traverse Angle"

I like Peter's answer.If you measure a small angle or a large angle at some distance, then the sideways distance uncertainty is the same. If you are ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: How would you interpret these monitoring specs?

Here's a couple of pics looking each directionHow much effect to you expect temperature expansion/contraction to have on the positions? Or sunlight h...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Fractional Sections

It seems like everybody would understand unambiguously if it were called NW 1/4 NW 1/4, even if it isn't really an aliquot part.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Helmert Orthometric Corrections (LONG)

NGS data sheets for anyone who wants to see all the details Loyal is quoting:S 160 LO0185N 160 LO0181Pedantic note: An NGS designation is of the form ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS coordinates lead demolition crew to destroy wrong house

That story is a year and a half old. It was discussed back then on the old forum.I don't recall if we ever found out how the coordinates were derived...

16 years ago
Page 485 / 501