AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 6:52 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Camera

Buy the lens and take whatever camera it is attached to. Optical zoom range would be high on my list of qualifications. With optical zoom you don't ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: MiniPrism

What range can you get with these mini-prisms and a modern gun? Must be far more than you need for most layout work? Why aren't micro-prisms common,...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Intrinsically Safe Survey Equipment

I'm guessing this project will involve work in an area where gasses might be set off by a spark. I've heard the phrase "intrinsically safe" in that c...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: highlighted words in posts

Check to see if you have add-ons that you don't want in your browser. In Firefox, look at Tools / Add-ons. See if any of the Extensions or Plug-Ins ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: WTC1 Tallest Building in Western Hemisphere

Plumb Or Straight, Cannot Have BothI calculate about 65 parts per million wider (0.007 per 100 ft base width) at 1400 ft height, based on the radius f...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: WTC1 Tallest Building in Western Hemisphere

Plumb Or Straight, Cannot Have BothOr with math, if you can find it.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Combining two lots into one “unusual situation”

The requirement to combine does not make sense, and you have not quoted any law or ordinance requiring it. It's just somebody's idea at the bank?Supp...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Instructions to GLO Deputies

If you're not familiar with J.S. Dodds book _Original Instructions Governing Public Land Surveys of Iowa_, you might find it interesting and slightly ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A Curve Calculator for Windows

Now has packed DDD.MMSSs optionUncheck the box if you ever want decimal degree entry. Other input formats continue to work (I hope).It would appear f...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: car & house warranties

They make money on selling extended warranties, or they wouldn't do it. Probably pretty good money, from the degree they push them.That means that in...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Statewide parcel map

No, GIS Is just an index mapthat can link to various other data.That data might include a registration system that deals with title registration and t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A Curve Calculator for Windows

New versionVersion 0.4 posted at the same link now has areas and text file save (either new file or append).How many people have tried it?Thanks,Bill

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Solar Filter for Topcon 300 Series TS

Do you even need the right-angle eyepiece in Alaska for solar azimuths? Unless you're observing in the summer near noon (when accurate timing is most ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A Curve Calculator for Windows

It is already possible to just highlight individual values of interest, copy (Ctrl-C), and paste (Ctrl-V) into a document.If they need to go into a fi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A Curve Calculator for Windows

Yes, I know about DD.MMSSsss notation. I use it on my Hewlett Packard calculator, but don't like it when I have a space character that can separate t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: A Curve Calculator for Windows

I'm using Visual C++ 6, which I know is old but perhaps better for migrating old C programs than jumping to the latest.I tried out the Diggins progra...

14 years ago
Page 443 / 501