AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:42 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

Putting direction above distance?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

After you choose (of course) to follow the the section lines for two sides, and hold 5 dist, there is one degree of freedom left. For 5 points you ne...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys can be used for proof of Connecticut Residency

This might be a way somebody could get away with voting in two states. They could also move and establish residence in a new state by other means and...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys can be used for proof of Connecticut Residency

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Does the survey have to state that the owner is resident on the parcel to qualify? Just owning land doesn't mean y...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: ENGTE-490 Stateline Retracement Project!

Have you tried putting the pictures in a folder that is within the DropboxPublic folder? Right click on that subfolder and get the Dropbox public lin...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: ENGTE-490 Stateline Retracement Project!

It would be good to tell us more about the project - which states' line?If you want us to see more photos, your link must be a public link from dropbo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions

I think I've heard that the tax parcel ID's are subject to change at the whim of the assessor's GIS people. Not that it happens often, but a possibil...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: asked to sign waiver

It makes sense to have an uninterested party witness. So do the rules really allow the notary to be an employee of one of the parties?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Total station grid setup

You can assume any arbitrary direction, like a best guess at North, and build a local coordinate system from there. It won't tie into anything else i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

Last Word - zymurgyAt least that's the last word in my dictionary. So even if someone posts later I had the last word.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Two Examples Related to Reproducible Bearings

What I can't believe is...One step forward would be to realize that the priority list for monuments, distances, bearings, coordinates, etc. was create...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I have a hammer

and do you have a license to hammer all over this land?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Two Examples Related to Reproducible Bearings

The redundant but repeatable bearing measurement isn't as valuable in a well-monumented subdivision as for a parcel that has few surviving monuments (...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Map accuracy

I used to not be surprised at 50-75 ft discrepancies between GE and known positions, or discontinuities where photos met. I think they have gotten be...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Writing your own deed?

I always used to see deeds stating "$1 and other valuable considerations" when people didn't care to include the actual price, or if there was a prope...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem

Wrong!I see my mistake now. I needed to draw that lower right hand corner with exaggeration so it was clear what distance to use - the 40.501. By my...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S6 pointing accurracy

>spec. claims an RMSE 4mm + 2ppm (though I am unclear on the units of the ppm). The observed error would be a function of distance, would it not?P...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: If North really doesn't matter...

I don't see a lot of disagreement in these threads on the basics, but mostly a difference in what people put the emphasis on. My summary of the topic...

13 years ago
Page 438 / 501