AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:42 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: If there was one instrument, you'd like in your collection

The Surveyors Historical Society had it displayed at an event a few years ago.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: If there was one instrument, you'd like in your collection

>Solar compass.I'd just like to play with one for an extended period. I get less and less interested in collecting things as I get older and the h...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I say anything to the boss

1. I see no need to tell the boss, unless the boss is relying on the guy to do something critical to the company and his leaving would cause great pro...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: WAAS in the Real World - Wow!

Interesting data, but one important aspect is missing: how fast the error changes.If random 1-second epochs have xx meter standard deviation and you a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Oh, I will do it for.......

since when is lowballing an ethics issue?What the rule reads like (to me) is, you can't tell a person, "I'll give you personally $50 every time you se...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS website

It works this evening.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Line Dispute - Solved!

This is another link on the story discussed in this thread.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS website

Neither the main page nor my pidbox link work at the moment.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Opinions sought...

fudgingGiving an original lot some margin above the required minimum definitely sounds like a good idea.But this topic has come up before and some peo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Calibrating a GPS?

Set up on an NGS HARN/HPGN/CBN station and see if you agree with the data sheet.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Foresters

A very reasonable approach is to say licensed surveyors must set any new monuments, but anyone else can run a straight line between reliable monuments...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Line Dispute...

The way the story read (if that means anything) it wasn't a dispute over the position of the line, but perhaps a dispute over whether he had a prescri...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a 1/4 corner on a large natural.

We know three thingsWe also know that even though his accuracy wasn't great:4. The GLO surveyor intended to put it on a straight line between section ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Combined Scale Factors

I'd recommend using Corpscon (free download from Corps of Engineers) and plugging in approximate lat-lon and elevation for points every few miles alon...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a 1/4 corner on a large natural.

Given no other evidence, I'd think you should use the closest point to your straight section line midpoint that falls on a surface of the boulder the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

The other interesting question is, when they told the lawyer how much they wanted to carve out, did they measure from the center of the road or the fe...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

I didn't notice anybody suggesting that you hold the N and W sides at cardinal directions instead of section lines. The alternatives are to make the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

I'm betting that the house and buildings were carved out from the parent parcel when they sold the crop/pasture land, and the adjoiner description rea...

13 years ago
Page 437 / 501