AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:42 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Angles close to zero

>in some coordinate geometry You will find such difficulties when locating a point by two lines that intersect at a small angle. Finding an adjace...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Angles close to zero

I don't think there is a problem in using the sine of a small angle unless you are dividing by it. The best way to check your application is to do a ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Book about Manhattan surveyor

Oops. I didn't remember that. Older links with reviews and comments:The [msg=198196]thread[/msg] Don referred toand a [msg=202661]thread[/msg] with ...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 472
Reply
RE: Interview Questions

I, too, was really hoping to find out what answers you got from the interviewees.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ways to locate corner stakes electronically?

Another [msg=209576]current thread[/msg] illustrates the danger of just finding a pin and not assessing the whole situation. Somebody appears to have...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Interview Questions

Here's a good onePaden, good question to see if they know what they're doing, not just how they usually do it.Some more possible questions:**You see s...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: LAT/LONG don't match coordinates

You say you've rechecked the zone, but have you rechecked NAD27 vs NAD83 and feet vs meters?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Locators

How often do you change the AA batteries versus the old unit's C cells? How do the operating costs in batteries compare?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it really that simple?

Background infoA quick lesson in heights, as I think I understand them. I know just enough to be dangerous, so welcome corrections.-----Still water s...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it really that simple?

Background infoDoes someone on your projects understand the things I alluded to, for instance how to find dynamic height from orthometric height or ra...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it really that simple?

Background infoThe prior thread on what I presume to be the same project is [msg=171761]here[/msg]The ultimate goal stated there was to find the tilt ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence

The 49.5 ft width given is the right of way (abbreviated ROW), which the government body that maintains the road has control of (either by easement or...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence

It's hard for anyone to understand the situation and make intelligent comments when you are giving the information in bits and pieces. I think we now...

13 years ago
Page 436 / 501