AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 11:19 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Simple Layman's Question about distances

Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough before posting. Then I immediately did figure it out and corrected my post while you guys were composing your r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Simple Layman's Question about distances

Tom's principle is good, but the accuracy of the elevation change may not be adequate. It certainly does suggest another place to look, though.As oth...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Zone Mapping Accuracy

I wouldn't build anywhere close to a flood zone of any kind. You don't know what the next revision will show, and haven't they ended grandfathering?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo surveying along the railroad

Interesting mount for the TS in the second picture.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth movable polygon?

I figured out that some picture formats support a transparent color for your background and others don't. PNG, for instance, works much better than o...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Dip Needle

Don't Sell The Dip Needle ShortHow does the dip needle compare to the Schonstedt looking for a pin along a metal fence?

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 966
Topic
13 years ago
Replies: 9
Views: 1571
Reply
RE: Need some history

>use the sights on the compass to look back toward where he has just came from to then establish the line to go forward. Having a forward and rear ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: #SHSRendezvous2013

An actual instrument used by Mason and Dixon for star sights to determine latitude. Portions are missing. Kept at Independence Hall, not usually on ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: #SHSRendezvous2013

A few more pictures. I'm sure Rich has better ones, since he was frequently seen using his camera.It was an entirely successful event from my perspec...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Data Sheet Vertical Accuracy

I don't think most NGS data sheets give ellipsoidal heights, which is what GPS inherently measures. There is a geoid model involved in getting from e...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Printers in general - Firmware - Non-OEM cartridges

My Brother laser printer starts complaining about low toner when the cartridge is about half empty. If you put black electrical tape over a hole you ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Yellowstone Benchmark

PY0160* NAVD 88 ORTHO HEIGHT - 1903.109 (meters) 6243.78 (feet) ADJUSTED PY0160 NGVD 29 (08/20/92) 1901.880 (m) 6239.75 (f) ADJ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Control Point

The metal structure looks like a corner reflector for being a radio frequency/microwave/radar target. Same idea as the glass, but for longer waveleng...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: LightSquared Investors Sue GPS Industry

I have often wondered what the noticeAn hour's consultation with any qualified radio engineer would have told them that their plan would be likely to ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Now I know why I can't duplicate...

Useless metadata> When you don't know what you are doing, place useless metadata on the plat. A fine example in the lower left corner of the map in...

13 years ago
Page 430 / 501