AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: misclosure and intent?

Bearings ALWAYS produce perfect angular closureBack when surveyors measured bearings on their compass, it made sense to report them. When they switch...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: 101 things survey flagging is good for (It's Friday)

I think Nate started wurveying with his dad when he learned to walk.:-D

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Ring-Ring!

Back when surveyors were professionals...Back then EVERYBODY dressed up more than today. Probably the wagon driver and field hands at least had a whi...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

Two Different Statistical ProblemsThanks! I think that may be what I was looking for and didn't know how to ask. At first read, that makes a lot of se...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

Thanks for the references. I see the names in the Star*Net documentation, but hadn't located those books. I searched on line and found someone's ext...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

I was really hoping someone would tell me what other commercial software uses for the factor to get from post-processing standard deviation to 95% con...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

And If You Do Not Make Enough Observations>And If You Do Not Make Enough Observations to show a normal distribution, you have little right to adjus...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Ellipse Confidence Calculations?

I Disagree BillWhen you apply least squares adjustment, you are implicitly certifying to the algorithm that the measurement errors are samples drawn f...

13 years ago
Reply
Topic
Replies: 51
Views: 2887
Reply
RE: Google Earth crashing computer

If you search for discussions of this problem, you will find a recommendation to install an older version of GE and not let it update. I had to do th...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: "its successors and/or assigns"

In my opinion ...When this has come up before, one answer seemed to be that certifying to others than the client did not open one to more ultimate lia...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I wanna be a surveyor

Nothing against any of those references for eventual study, but I'd start with an elementary surveying book such as Wolf and Ghilani.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Which height from the NGS data sheet should I be using?

What ortho height are you comparing against?The data sheet linked does not give a NAVD88 ortho height, due to being in a subsistence area. AE5564 **...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Words mean things.

One could argue that a stainless steel alloy is not "iron" and therefore the size specifications for iron do not apply to it.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Target Stickers

I've played with "Reflective Safety Tape" strips made by Hillman Sign Center and sold by Home Depot. A package has 2 red and 2 white strips 6" x 1 1/...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: General Railroad Right of Way Act of 1875

I think the question, which was not stated in the article, was whether the railroads were given fee title or an easement. I suspect there is a pretty...

13 years ago
Page 422 / 501