AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 9:02 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: What's the best monument to set in existing concrete?

Educate me>advertised as being brassWhere? The page at Dave's link contains the word "copper" 4 times, brass or bronze only in a link to another p...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the best monument to set in existing concrete?

Educate meWhy are the Berntsen markers copper, when bronze is more common for disks? When is one better than the other?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The Problem With Laser Levels

Like any level, there are two principle sources of error. First, if it sweeps out a cone instead of a flat plane then balancing sight lengths will be...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I am NOT the man.......

If multiple crews worked the township, the GLO field notes should reflect that by the surveyor certifications and chainmen's oaths.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ultimate mobile survey office

As a defensive transport, I would have expected it to have better protection for the radiator, and perhaps gun ports in the walls.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The MacheteTen Minute Lockdown

Back when my daughter was in college ....Would the paper delivered by the guy in the other thread who was surveying in the wrong state qualify as an "...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Enjoy

I believe this is in Utah, as indicated by the copyright line at the very bottom of the page. I hate how every newspaper assumes you are local and kn...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The things Surveyors get sued for

I would think you could and certainly should retain an attorney for a few hours fee. Courts aren't about truth and spontaneity - this isn't small cla...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: flood

[sarcasm]What, you don't believe the water will have a 4.5% slope?[/sarcasm]

13 years ago
Reply
RE: easement document

I might guess that if the grantee was a utility which made use in a timely manner, the purposes could be inferred even though not stated and thus hold...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: astrometry questions

You might want to contact the reenacters of the Corps of Topographical Engineers, particularly Don Erickson. They have a zenith sector that they demo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: OK, since we're talking about descriptions,

With that interpretation I get a rough S shape that doesn't begin to resemble a parcel. Not even a wrong quadrant blunder would seem to fix it.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: OK, since we're talking about descriptions,

How do you interpret 8 degrees East, North ?My first attempt (reading it as 8 degrees East of North) didn't close by far too much. Or isn't the last c...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Datasheet Orthometric Height errors

Truncating to small numbers risks mis-identification. I can show you a set of 3 data sheets where somebody did nice job in advance of highway constru...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The "Diaries" were Field Books

repro trick for pencilAt least two county recorder offices in Iowa prohibit cameras. As of a couple years ago, others still allowed them. I haven't ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying with the spouse/significant other

Surveying with the spouse/significant udderThese jokes aren't the cream of the crop.

13 years ago
Page 420 / 501