AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 9, 2026 7:22 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

Well, at least all the monuments were found. But if someone needs to reset one in the future from his survey drawing, I wouldn't expect it to be as ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Schonstedt over the other brands.

Anyone have a clue as to what in it could have degraded if it still nominally works?  

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

If this is a small amount of land being acquired, would a boundary line adjustment document work in your jurisdiction as opposed to writing all new de...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Mile High marker in Denver

Denverite sounds like a mineral. The story was pretty good, at least compared to some of the stories about the four corner monument.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: My First OPUS Submission

When I was doing OPUS Shares for GPSonBM, I pasted a table in the field book showing (slant - vertical) versus slant. It's a simple right triangle cal...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

How deep do you think it might be? Unless it is very deep I would think a magnetic locator might find it. You would need to operate the locator such t...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

My father in law filed an "Affidavit of Possession" when he signed the purchase contract for the farm in the 1960's. I never figured out what his reas...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

In the sections near my wife's family lands in Iowa south of a "correction line" (equivalent to what was later named a standard parallel), the descrip...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

Is Lot 1 the whole north tier, or if not what are the other pieces?

3 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

But the bullfrog knew where the center of the section was in that pond..  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

If the ground isn't hard, I'd have the crew dig with a hand trowel to a reasonable depth and back fill around a monument. Wouldn't be 30" but could be...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Boundary survey

A friend visited his ancestral roots in Norway near the Arctic Circle. There was a sign at the town limits saying it was illegal to exit on foot witho...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

I fail to see why it makes any difference, due to the three people receiving both half interests of their parcel, and it sounds like each set of deeds...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Putting a 120V AC wire in the same conduit as an antenna cable??

I've heard the cone of protection ftom lightning extends 45 degrees down from the high target.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Putting a 120V AC wire in the same conduit as an antenna cable??

Although I wouldn't be worried about interference between power line frequency and its associated noise into the much higher frequency band of GNSS, t...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: State Plane and LDPs

In the 1970/71 college year (possibly 71/72?) a couple of us would sneak unto a lab to play with an HP9100, a large table-top unit. It had the functio...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Significant numbers

Most importst-metadata. Write down what you did so the next poor guy can follow and not have to guess.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: How to Keep My Base Station Cool

On my old Trimble 4000 I hit the maximum temperature for the display one time, but I shaded the receiver and it came back. The session processed okay....

6 months ago
Page 2 / 501