Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: December 31, 2024 4:30 pm
@rover83 Yes, there is a robot tracking the MT1000. The data collector is running two pieces of software, one for the scanner and one for the robot/p...
@norman-oklahoma We typically set control every 600' or so. So, we get roughly 1200' to 1400' per instrument set up. You can also use GNS...
@larry-scott I work for a company that owns four Railroads. We are on-site when the contractors are doing the final lining of the track and check the...
@larry-scott Up is an easy correction, down is the hard one
@wa-id-surveyor Yea, a few weeks ago I was told that TBC advanced is all that was needed. It was by a salesman, so I don't put too much trust i...
From what I was told, it should still work and you can supposedly process the data in TBC Advanced.?ÿ If you have a data collector with the older vers...
@bradl It's a S7 and a TX8. The SX10 is not supported in the workflow for the GEDO trolley stuff
@john-hamilton Would it be as easy as clicking the Windows icon in the task bar, then settings, then devices, then just turning off the bluetooth for...
@norman-oklahoma I spoke to our local dealer's tech guy and he basically said the same thing. He said that he's played around with it, but they don't...
@john-hamilton I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on the TBC Scanning module specifically geared toward processing scan data. The issue I see with u...
1997 - Trimble 4000SSi for static and RTK. Then all of the Trimble units up to the current.?ÿ Worked with the first Topcon Hipers and Leica GS15s at t...
@stlsurveyor I'm working on it! It's looking pretty good. The scanner only uses the mirror and laser when on the trolley, so it's not rotating. You p...
@gregg-gaffney That area is directly under the scanner. When the scanner is on the trolley, it does not spin like it typically would. it only u...
@party-chef Here is a screen shot of the registered point cloud. The software can cut sections at whatever interval you want and produce the po...
@mightymoe These tracks don't get used all that much. Maybe one car a month gets unloaded at the pit. They are mostly used by our train crews t...
@john-hamilton That, or they haven't installed it. Either way, they probably won't, so it'll be on you to figure it out.