Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: November 12, 2025 5:47 pm
I recently ran into an example of an “all metes, no bounds” description: “beginning at a point with a coordinate of… (lists 15 bearings and distances ...
We do ALTAs all of the time for builders taking down lots in a future subdivision. We will often show proposed lot lines and easements per to-be-recor...
I??m assuming the property description in the title commitment describes the four original parcels separately? If the property is locatable using tha...
The common number thrown about is 20x your annual expenses. This number allows you to become financially independent at any age, with the premise your...
I personally don??t like tweaking deed angles in a mosaic to force a closure. I??d rather just leave the misclosure hanging open in my mosaic, look ...
@fairbanksls if that helps me get over 4 hours of sleep I??ll start writing them every night before bed!
@rover83 thank you for the good advice. I guess the tricky part for me was how to handle the attorney while producing a quality product for all partie...
@mightymoe correct, and it is usually updated in a revised commitment per my experience. Not the case today.
@rover83 yes sir that??s exactly what I did, the attorneys response was to tell me to add it below the record description.
@holy-cow Fee simple conveyance in this case
@lurker I may have been unclear in my original post. I have the deeds that conveyed the road widening, the record deed (and it??s description) predat...
@jitterboogie yes i like Brads idea, I was toying with the general idea, but Im hoping to ward off any expected resistance
@brad-ott probably none, and that is certainly an option. My worry was that I??ll still need to note that the record description does not accurately ...
Our county GIS has a paved roads drawing that can create an instant Vic map that looks pretty good. I just label the major roads and the closest inter...
Judging by the Table A items you listed this is not a HUD survey. That was my only thought, maybe he generally does HUD projects (which can require co...
@aliquot?ÿ Ownership is a legal issue, not a survey issue.?ÿ
As far as the linework coding, this is the appropriate order of input: Code LineworkCommand GeometryCommand FurtherDescription ?ÿ For example (and ...
@norman-oklahoma Those all play a role, definitely, but for me, just like money, it??s going to be comparable at any reputable firm. Good 401k match ...
For me, work culture is most important. I??m going to make good money pretty much wherever I go. It??s not worth working for a company with a misera...