Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 6, 2025 2:18 pm
The A.A.C. does reference the BLM Manual (Horizontal Control).
@olemanriver I dont understand why...It is especially frustrating when there are three "iron pins" near the corner. Caps, not plastic, with enough roo...
I mostly agree but I think you have one thing backwards. A found called for monument is controlling unless the preponderance of evidence points to it ...
Hopefully they are writing something more descriptive of "Iron rod found"!
You don't have to infer that they are wrong. Your data tells you they are wrong if you misclose more than 1/2 the unit you are reporting your results ...
You know they are wrong if the traverse doesn't close to within less of the precision you are reporting results to. A better method than refusing t...
Why would want them to require parallel side lines??? That seems like a harsh restriction just for making lot width calculations easier. And yes, wi...
I think we often make this mistake, but we shouldn't be marketing our proffesion to people who love math. It's definitely the wrong proffesion for a s...
Some quick googling (so take this advice with a grain of salt) shows that taxable services that are "used" outside the state are not subject to Texas ...
As has been pointing out, local practices vary, but in general this is perfectly acceptable. Municipalities own land, and they also manage land in beh...
Thats a good point...but I think jurisdictions that do a good job with "see..." are in the minority.
This is absolutely correct, but what some are trying to point out, is that once the offer is made in a public way (i.e. recordimg) it usually can't be...
Stranded, I was all set to argue with you, but by the end I didn't disagree. I would add that except maybe for the remedial kids, the teacher shouldn'...
Seems like walking your client through the survey is basic costumer service in our businesses.
So the correct answer to the number of lines of latitude expressed as a whole number is,,,,,,,,179?This still isn't right. The number of lines of lati...
It comes down to whether the land owner pays upfront or their successors pay later. The paying later model usually means lower fees for land surveyors...
The statute of frauds is powerful; however a merger of two parcels is not a tranfer of title.
I hold the same personal opinion, but unfortunately our personal opinions aren't worth much on this issue, because local goverments and/or states may ...
What a subdivision is changes depending on jurisdiction so the general answers aren't very helpful. For example, in Alaska, once a subdivision plat i...
Way to little information here to make any comment. First of all was tha alley just shown on a plat or was it actually dedicated? If it was dedicated ...