AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

New need help with Leica TCR705

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
1,277 Views
Rui Cristiano
(@rui-cristiano)
Posts: 1
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hello every one. I'm new and I have a problem with my Leica TCR705. My old PC met his maker (was running on windows 7). Got a new one with windows 8.1. On my old PC I was using Leica Geo Office to export/import data with my PC. Got some problem with the instalation CD a few years back. Now I called Leica services and asked for a new version of the program that could run on win 8.1. They told me that the previous version of Geo Office doesn't run on win 8.1 and that the new version is not freeware and has a cost of around 500/600$. No way I am paying that amount.
My question is can I download my data to my PC any other way withot using this Leica program? Anyone have any Ideia.

The cabele is RS232 Db9 serial.

Thanks in advance


 
Posted : September 1, 2015 2:25 am
precision-geo-inc
(@precision-geo-inc)
Posts: 155
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I run LGO in a virtual XP machine on my Windows 8.1 computer. It works great and it's free using Oracle's Virtual Box if you have a copy of XP. I guess this would also work with Windows 7. Another inexpensive option would be to get a USB download cable instead of using the serial cable. They can be found inexpensively on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Posted : September 1, 2015 8:46 am
Adam07737
(@adam07737)
Posts: 4
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hey, did you have any luck with this? I've got exactly the same issue with my 805 and Windows 10 upgrade. I only used the free LGO as I'm not a regular user and it done the job nicely. I'm now snookered in how to extract my data from my machine....?! Any help would be worth a beer!


 
Posted : August 19, 2016 3:39 pm
precision-geo-inc
(@precision-geo-inc)
Posts: 155
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Trust me, it works well if you aren't scared of computers. You do need a copy of XP to install on the virtual machine though. Post any questions you encounter and I'll do my best to advise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Posted : August 19, 2016 3:44 pm
Adam07737
(@adam07737)
Posts: 4
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Precision-geo-inc, post: 387205, member: 9801 wrote: Trust me, it works well if you aren't scared of computers. You do need a copy of XP to install on the virtual machine though. Post any questions you encounter and I'll do my best to advise you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does the USB cable download work? Surely you still need the software to download the data?

Thanks for the reply by the way


 
Posted : August 19, 2016 3:51 pm

precision-geo-inc
(@precision-geo-inc)
Posts: 155
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Yeah, you're right, but it does help if you have a new laptop without a serial port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


 
Posted : August 19, 2016 4:02 pm