AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Leica Sprinter 250M digital level having a hard time reading rod at 100ft+

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,239 Views
kjac
 kjac
(@kjac)
Posts: 123
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I've had a Sprinter 250M for almost 4 years now, and it typically only started having issues reading the rod at 200-250+ feet, even though it's rated for 100m/330ft. The other day, I kept having to switch to manual reading after trying to shoot the barcode at around 100ft. I was reading around the 2ft mark on the rod and at first I didn't raise the rod, so it was at around 4ft length. After raising the rod 1 extra segment to 8ft I could get a little more distance, but it still wouldn't read the barcode past 125ft or so.

The lens appears clean, the rod was in focus, and it was a sunny day with no shadows on the rod. My instrument and tripod were stable, as was the level rod. I'm at a loss for what the issue could be. I suppose I could have tried raising the rod to 12ft, but I never needed to do that in the past when reading at the 2ft mark. Maybe trying to read at 2ft is just too low? I swear I've gone longer distances reading lower than that, but it's been a while, so my memory is fuzzy. Any thoughts on what the issue might have been?


 
Posted : April 7, 2024 2:09 pm