Trimble Business Center — Produce final deliverables in one workspace. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Carlson survey 2013 w/intellicad stuck in cartesian mode

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
1,203 Views
JB
 JB
(@jb)
Posts: 793
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Hey all,

I was working away on a drawing when something went awry. Without doing anything I'm aware of, I somehow got stuck in cartesian mode when drawing lines or moving items. I'm used to holding the shift key to copy or move an item straight up, down or side to side, now I'm stuck in that mode all the time. This is only in one drawing.

Also, I would usually left-click and hold to pan, but it started to do some kind of 3d rotation of the drawing. I think I have that one sorted.

Any help with the cartesian thing appreciated.

TIA?ÿ?ÿ


 
Posted : September 8, 2019 2:29 pm
JB
 JB
(@jb)
Posts: 793
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Should have said "ortho" mode.

Solved by opening drawing settings and unchecking "draw orthogonal" under the coordinates tab. This apparently isn't controlled by the F8 key.

Not sure how I fat fingered that....


 
Posted : September 9, 2019 7:08 am
a-harris
(@a-harris)
Posts: 8759
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

It took me an hour on the phone with a buddy telling me to click on ortho at the bottom of the screen before I found it on the toolbar. Had to resize the window that I was using for Carlson and "wow" there it is and all the rest of the things that he had been schooling me on.

???œ


 
Posted : September 9, 2019 6:02 pm