AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Raybies
Raybies
@raybies
Free
Joined: August 19, 2014 6:28 am
Topics: 3 / Replies: 72
Reply
RE: Cause of simultaneous slips shown in Rinex report?

Were you recording to the receiver or data collector??ÿ It would be really difficult to lose ALL satellites. So, a hardware or software glitch is like...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Buying a Drone

Our provider works with a number of aircraft insurance companies and it was as simple as adding another rider to our current policy. While I'm not per...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Need some advice....

*note: this gets long and a bit preachy. I blame insomnia and indigestion. But, it might help you, or someone else, so I'm leaving it all here. Judge ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Your personal choice of Instrument, data collector, and data collection survey software please!

Trimble S6, R10, TSC3 (wish they would update these), Running Trimble Access.?ÿ Office end: Power GEOPAK SS4 and Trimble Business Center. For UAS: Pha...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Dimensions

Their dates have been around that time for a while. They have to squeeze between ACEC and Autodesk University. Not to mention that it is truly an inte...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy Job Market

I usually get 3-5 a month, mostly local in Southern Michigan. I'm happy and satisfied in my current position, so it would take a bunch to get me to mo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Static Large Network Planning

How many receivers will you have? Are you conducting the post-processing or is it being sent to OPUS?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How Do I Become a Land Surveyor?

A couple of assumptions, first, that you want to be a licensed surveyor, two, you reside in Pennsylvania. Second, there are usually three steps in bec...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Delineation - Anyone do this?

I've done 20 or so, delineations over my 18 year career. Of course, the company I work for has a Water Resource group, but they conduct less than a do...

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Crew Scheduling

Mark Mayer, post: 451639, member: 424 wrote: Perhaps I misunderstand what is intended. My understanding is that the manager will post the next work as...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on setting up a control network

Here are some helpful links. The first, is a link to RTKNet. It is a Trimble VRS pay-for service.Anywhere within the green polygons, with cellular ser...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Crew Scheduling

Mark Mayer, post: 451575, member: 424 wrote: I don't like the idea of automating project scheduling. Scheduling is the managers (PLS) opportunity to p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Advice on setting up a control network

2 miles?! There is an issue with your equipment, or someone is crushing your signal. If we're running 35w, we go up toward 8 miles through forest. We ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Crew Scheduling

Cameron Watson PLS, post: 451571, member: 11407 wrote: This is a screen grab of how it looks the way I have it setup. I know there are plenty of ways...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Crew Scheduling

WA-ID Surveyor, post: 451561, member: 6294 wrote: That is exactly what we do and since everyone has outlook on their CPU and phones it is stemless, ea...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 31
Views: 3024
Reply
RE: Time to upgrade GPS equipment?

If you're looking new, I wouldn't upgrade to a TSC3. They are many years old and quite outdated. They have some difficulty with Windows10 connections ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey instruments

Wild T16, shortly followed by a T2002. Then Geodimeter 600/Trimble 5601, Trimble S-series.

9 years ago
Page 1 / 4