AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
party-chef
party-chef
@party-chef
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:29 pm
Last seen: September 17, 2026 3:43 am
Topics: 12 / Replies: 976
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

My perception is that the internet has gone from a place where people who actually know what they were talking about had conversations and shared thei...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Durability of Survey Points

What is a CM and ND? I tend to countersink anything I want to stick around. The continuing miserliness of some surveyors to not buy roto hammers i...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: The Old and The New

Did you make the old one also? I have never heard of such a thing but think it is a great idea.  

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Does anyone here use a dual prism pole?

I have used them in the past with good results for some specific tasks. I have heard that they are popular in Germany for doing manholes and to me t...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Unwritten rule against this?

I have worked at shops where they set capped rebar for control points, the problem is a one size fits all approach to managing. "All control points ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: working below sea level

Thanks for sharing! I have worked underground a fair amount but never anything close to as deep.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Lyme disease

Thats a lot of travelling, I remember a few threads over the years that you have made about jobs and always enjoyed them. You should do another one! ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: False Point to Compensate for Distance Discrepancy

RTK/RTN 180 seconds per point on 3 monuments that see each other, put the rover in the truck and forget about it. Gun up, backsite, crank angle as a...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Trimble compensator issue/calibration

I have had tech support from a trimble dealer tell me to not adjust. I still do. For DR aka Reflectorless, Trimble is far inferior to Leica in tha...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey research procedure

Great timing for me for the thread! I am a construction surveyor for my day job but still have some desire to learn more about boundary and mayb...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: California Surveyors - are untagged nails set on-line, at angle points or corners a violation of the LS Act

Is the conversation missing the question, is the question about whether or not to show less durable or untagged monuments on a boundary topo? @bluke...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: California Surveyors - are untagged nails set on-line, at angle points or corners a violation of the LS Act

@lurker If you set a stake that says property corner at the property corner but without a number/qualifying monument, have you not in fact set the ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cogo function in C3D

Really with the amount of traffic in here I think it is better to come back sooner with more questions to drive the conversation a little. And i...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Cogo function in C3D

Jeff Bartels and Alan Gilbert both have some great youtube videos, I would like for Alan to put out more as his exptise is surveying but Jeff's stuff ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access and TBC questions

I have an alignment and as-built points along the alignment that correspond to offsets h and v to the alignment. Does anyone have a slick way of mak...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access and TBC questions

Linked files vs downloading, by linking files you are talking about going through the layer manager button in access and choosing points and features ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access and TBC questions

@olemanriver I also appreciate being able to transfer data on the go in one environment. I also think that we are messing up in our structure in tr...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 2191
Page 1 / 50