AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: My control is WAY off of orthophotos, why?

Many surveyors are NOT familiar with things they do not use every day. Recently, I observed a surveyor, who was not familiar with an area he practiced...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

I helped stake safari world subdivision, just south of Coarsegold, CA, in around 1975. Chain (tape) down C/L, make mark (keel) in pavement. Set up, an...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding poster nails?

I bought one of these. It detects aluminum. It only goes about 4" deep. But, it's cheap, and works. It detects many kinds of metal. N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding poster nails?

Poster nails are usually aluminum. You will want/need another type of metal detector, that picks up aluminum. I've seen where steel nails seem to attr...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: My control is WAY off of orthophotos, why?

Usually, I hear about much larger differences than this. Sometimes, the problem is with YOUR data, and sometimes the problem is with the PREVIOUSLY PR...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: A 15 minute transit on ebay

That eBay ad, has been up for a couple of months. It's maybe overpriced, but it does seem to possibly have been more expensive, than a normal transit....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

I googled that. Found old guys, with bushy connected eyebrows. Is that what you meant? ❗

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

If you can raise one eyebrow, but not the other, (one separate from the other) As a side effect, of peering through an optical survey instrument, for ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: A 15 minute transit on ebay

@Larry Scott with tripod? I love those old guns. That's the 1st one I've seen, with 15 minute divisions, and 20 second least count, (I agree, I think ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: A 15 minute transit on ebay

No, Dave, it has a big mark in the middle, between the degrees. It's the 30 minute mark. Then, a little mark, at the 15 minute mark. Zoom in hard. (At...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 20
Views: 1160
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 493
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

Bstrand, I'm afraid you are not alone. A number of the younger generation are with you. Old habits die hard. My dad used to ask me for 2 bearings, sub...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

Why would anybody try to survey, without a plumb bob? N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Title by Divorce

Imagine this situation. Man ignores court order, for long time. Say, 10-20 yrs. Man pays taxes. Woman lives there, all that time. Woman dies. Man sell...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

If you have ever used cloth flagging. If you have ever made a large backsite, out of lath, nails, (bent over) and triangulated or shot closing angles ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Nikon Nivo

I deleted. I was thinking of another similar design, but had the name wrong. N

7 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

Curta was for rich engineers. We used slide rules. The circular kind.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 67
Views: 1441
Page 93 / 527