AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Can the legs of a traverse cross?

Back in total station/transit/theodolite days, we would turn angles to anything we could. We would also shoot dist if we had edm.?ÿ Now a days, we us...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Real Estate Stunts

@rundatline No, I did not. I am not too familiar with the whole subject matter. Some folks seem to sit around and dream up scams. I am posting out of ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Real Estate Stunts

He leads buyer to believe he's the owner. N

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 557
Reply
RE: Old Transit

Mike Marks above is right. Here is one on ebay, nice and clean. It may, or may nor sell at this price./p> Most old surveyors stuff on ebay is overp...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Things found while surveying

This was once a cabin cruiser. It's been in need of a patch. And a fresh coat of paint. Maybe clean the caburetor. I'm taking up a collection, to get ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad GNSS at Professional Land Surveyors of Ohio Conference February 17-21, 2020

That's Feb 17-21. Today is the 18th. Just a heads up.... Give 10+days advance notice. 3 wks would be good too. Nate

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Blame the Surveyor

That's great. But, it's still your fault! You were gonna extort me for 2500$. But, really, you aught pay me 10k, for messing it up! N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Beginner Equipment

Don't overdose this guy... He might be gonna topo a 50x150 lot, so his brick layer can buy the right number of bricks. I'm not OCD. I'm not OCD. I'm ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Beginner Equipment

Any particular type of mapping? What's on your mind? 2d, or 3d? Precise, or general topography? Boundary work??ÿ Thx N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Abe Remchuk, Florida PSM #6813

I had a static GPS receiver destroyed by a pickup. He was a young kid. School had let out. He failed to see a stopped car in front of him in time. He ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of town surveyors, out of town crews

The core issue is quality. No matter. We have had a "LDS" (Long Distance Surveyor) afflict us for a while. There are major discrepancies, no matter wh...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of town surveyors, out of town crews

One time we did a job south of MT. Ida. We were quite proud of our hard work, and pretty plat. The title company said our survey was wrong, and so did...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Abe Remchuk, Florida PSM #6813

I grew up, with the mentality that "me dying was fine, but don't let the transit ever hit the ground". Safety equipment is for sissies. And, if you ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipes are round...

Hard to find mill marks, when top of rebar is 14" deep, in the road. Salt accumulates in holes... Sigh... N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of town surveyors, out of town crews

?ÿIF local talent is so lacking, then the chances that far away talent will be able to travel a long ways, if return trips are needed, let's see... Na...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipes are round...

Its just what I'd put into the data collector. It's saved my bacon too.?ÿ I have had trouble though with "9/16" rebar" though. Found later that it w...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Out of town surveyors, out of town crews

Yes. I have enough work.?ÿ I got behind, via a tick bite. Still not caught up. N

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipes are round...

I just get descriptive: Fd 1/2"x2" rectangular pipe, w/ 1/16" thick walls, 4" dp, in rk pl. 1.2n & 4.7 e to FC, n &e. Set #4 rev w/ rpc insid...

7 years ago
Page 91 / 527