AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: True confession

Fur long.?ÿ Depends on the cat. Long fur is about 1". Short fur is 1/2". Shire is cold in here. Yeah, but not fur long, this wood is dry. Is she h...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: True confession

660' International or us ft? What's the csf? ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: An old man's ramblings after 40 yrs surveying

A large claw hammer, framing, with waffle head, can be a handy tool. To dig, to set rebar, to use on long hikes. N

5 years ago
Reply
RE: An old man's ramblings after 40 yrs surveying

?ÿ For a flat tire.... A pack of tire plugs, and a 12 volt compressor, is often easier to use than a jack, lug wrench, and getting the spare out. T...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New to SurveyorConnect

If you will go down to your local big cheese realtors office, and take a ride in one of their big cheese Suv's, you will learn more geodesy in a week,...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: An old man's ramblings after 40 yrs surveying

I think my fingers went astray! 😉 N

5 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: GLO Double Monuments

@aliquot?ÿ I did not know this for years. However, after knowing, and learning, we learned to apply it manually. In this area, theta is close to 55" ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Double Monuments

That 1/2 foot, or 0.70', from 1922, is like our 0.04' of today. I'd guess they'd say "it's all the section corner". N

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Double Monuments

If I found (today) that the blm Mon was solid, but the pipe was pulled out and loose..... I might hold the blm Mon. With this explanation. That I bel...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Double Monuments

I've run into this before. A difference of 0.70'?ÿ on a number of corners in the township. Step back a few feet and think. (I had this whole problem ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin Cushion of the Day

It's too grainy for full appreciation.?ÿ But, I get it intellectually.?ÿ Nate

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A useful tool

Thank you @Bill93 I just ordered one. Tired of digging with my leatherman! Nate

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stolen Javad Triumph-3 and Javad HPT901BT radio

Rubber snakes can help. Especially rattle snakes, down on the ground, near where the stake is, where the chain connects with padlock. It tends to help...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stolen Javad Triumph-3 and Javad HPT901BT radio

There's a ring on the side of a t3, where we could potentially attach a lock. I've got a t3 on order. Should be here next week. I think i should attac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this practice acceptable in your office?

Proper drafting, reads from bottom, and right sides. Worksheets are Willy nilly. It may be good data, with poor presentation. I'd prefer that, to b...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Books on projections, coord systems

Some students, it's better to present the problem first, then the math. Academics tend to present the math.../theory first. If you present the probl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument setup

I saw that too, @JPH.?ÿ However, It can be flashback. So, not necessarily. I dated a girl, whose dad was in ww2. He had flashbacks. About DAMN GERMA...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument setup

I watched up to the point they started trying to get the hi. Then wife called me. I hope we get those guys some coffee. Cause they are getting decalf...

5 years ago
Page 57 / 527