AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mkennedy
mkennedy
@mkennedy
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: January 17, 2013 10:55 am
Last seen: August 19, 2026 7:15 am
Topics: 21 / Replies: 663
Reply
RE: NATRF2022

I've talked to a few NGS people in person in the last few months. NGS did a presentation at the Esri User Conference in San Diego in July and Linda Fo...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: State GeoTIFF and Lidar Data

I'm sorry this is such a late response. I haven't visited this site in ages due to not-enough-spoons! (you have so many spoons per day and sometimes y...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad "Val Maps", what map projection are they drawn to?

Hi Jim, Please note that epsg.io is not the official EPSG registry website,is. I'm a member of the IOGP subcommittee that maintains it.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SPCS 2022 legislation updates

The NGS webinar this Thursday, February 8, will have an update.

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 617
Reply
RE: The disconnect between education and learning what is necessary

What's more fun is that they're twins and I specifically asked the school to give them different schedules. Beyond the 'special' classes (gym, art, mu...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: The disconnect between education and learning what is necessary

My kids' middle school has 9 periods. English/Language Arts and Math are allocated 2 periods each. Science and Social Studies get 1 each. 1 period is ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Serious things you soon-to-be geezers need to consider

From what I can find, Medicare initial enrollment is between 3 months before and 3 months after you turn 65 but only takes effect the month your turn ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Steve Lehto discusses PLSS in Michigan

Oh, that's right, my county assessor said that the new tentative assessments would be out today. Last updated 6 years ago. The new proposed value is 3...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 20 July 2023 State Plane 2022 Preview

Some items that caught my and colleague's attention was a change to the transverse Mercator and Lambert CC algorithms, they have alphanumeric IDs for ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 20 July 2023 State Plane 2022 Preview

@norman-oklahoma That's not what I heard but I was distracted a few time by kids. I heard that the finalization of the SPCS zones would likely be by t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS webinar 22 June 2023 transitioning to new NSR

Oregon has had a system of Low Distortion Projections incorporated in state statutes for a decade, but I still can't get my GIS department to output d...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement Terminations

Option B in my opinion will allow the contractor to excavate around the catch basin where as Option A will not. With Option A, half of the catchbas...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking Information on H1B Visa for Surveyor with Non-US Degree and GIS Experience

The H-1B process favors advanced degrees, but it depends on the area of interest. Generally, a bachelor's is required. I did see a note that if your s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hey, It's Upside Down

And then there's South African topographic maps, where North is still 'up' but the axes are x/southing and y/westing.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Why I hate doing LOMAs and such

I got to use a keypunch machine once to create the cards for a program that someone wrote for my mom's research at ohio state. Because I think I knew ...

3 years ago
Page 1 / 35