AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Old DOS backup programs

One of the first problems may be the disk formats. I've had trouble reading old 3.5 inch disks on modern machines. If you have something that can rea...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: For the older crowd: How much money is enough to to retire?

The missing piece of data is your date of death. You need more if you're going to die at 90 than if you're going to die at 80. The continually changin...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: PPK vs RTK

@rover83?ÿ I think that the NGS reference means that Inverse, etc will calculate correct azimuths and distances for WGS 84 coordinates when the selec...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

@jitterboogie?ÿ I was thinking about the equipment being hit by traffic along with the surveyor. My son is a manufacturing plant manager and a stick...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: PPK vs RTK

Here's where black box things get iffy and clear communication is often hard to come by. Per the Topcon Magnet Field NAD 83 datum details, NAD 83_NO_...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

On a lighter note, you could remind the boss that the equipment is at risk, too. His (proper pronoun?) response would say much about his priorities.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

@dougie?ÿ When Winston Churchill was criticized for a dangling preposition, his response was: ƒ??This is the type of arrant pedantry up with which I...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: You just can't

Chris Rock just learned that the hard way.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Would like to get involved and learn about the world of geodisy.

This little book is a good start for mathematical geodesy. I have the 1987 edition which I bought used from one of these AbeBooks sites: Sphere Spher...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How much is gas where you are?

@jitterboogie?ÿ According to this, CA gas tax is 67 cents per gallon, the nation's highest. In NC, it's 36 cents which puts us at 14th highest. Of co...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The three billy goats gruffƒ??

I liked that story as a young'un, but I didn't know what gruff was and I still don't.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Dave Lindell (aka: He whom drives us crazy once a month)

@bill93?ÿ It's really cool logic, but it's not sound. The problem is that when we rotate those triangles, their bases may overlap, meet, or have a ga...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Dave Lindell (aka: He whom drives us crazy once a month)

This is an overlapping triangle problem. Teachers and good geometry students love to solve them and test makers who want to prove how smart they are l...

5 years ago
Page 30 / 114