AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Mark Chain
Mark Chain
@mark-chain
Free
Joined: March 21, 2012 8:59 am
Topics: 6 / Replies: 506
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tip your hat to a mentor

> AJ's crew ALWAYS took Paul Harvey breaks too. No matter what. > > NateAfter I read that last sentence, I was sure you were going to follow ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: One heavy ring, ring...

Update (kinda)...I guess asking some guy for some control while your attempting to chew him out, just isn't a good combination.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

> If you go to the hardware store and buy pipe it's described by the inside diameter. Or is the the "NPS"? "Nominal Pipe Size (NPS) is a North Ame...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

why do I love this bar?> >it's a nice crowd isn't it?> > It depends.:good: I think he had meant to add "more or less". (pretty standard i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Okay...reading the whole thread, I think I gathered that your irritation is when someone does something like describing the pins s/he found on his or ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

Nate> If we're going to be "precise" then it is NOT a 1/2 inch rebar, it is a #4 reinforcing rod.> > AndyOnly if you can identify the number ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

> A pin is a device used for fastening objects or material together.A bowling pin obviously holds bowls together. 😀 (and a property corner pin ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-Licensed Survey Profession

I'm thinking it's probably not specifically addressed in most statutes, and it's a debatable topic as to whether it's legal or not. I can certainly s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Colloquialisms have no place in precision work.

You're joking, right? "pin" is a real word and a good general term when you are not referring to a particular size or type of "pin". Unless you are ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Questions about California Survey Plats:

> MLSchumann what part of the world do you work in?I believe he is in Colorado.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you identify the instrument?

Oh...is that brass-looking part in the end of the telescope actually extending out from the main tube and changes lengths when you focus? Or am I mis...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Base Line Sign Dedication

Epping Basemaybe you would have gotten a rise from Mr."NOLTON" if you called it the "Effing baseline" instead of the Epping Base.;-)

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Requirements

> Coordinates listed to the second decimal place usually satisfies the requester of 0.01' precision and all too many surveyors are blissfully unawa...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Requirements

> I am trying to envision the exact difference between 0.01' and 1/8". Pretty darn close.They're talking about 1/8 of a second on the horizontal pl...

11 years ago
Page 1 / 26