AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Fourth time’s a charm.

1. Contract 2. Make clear that you will evaluate all evidence and determine the corner in your professional opinion and it may/may not agree with su...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN coordinate drift / variation - share your stories

Last year, I was checking a network receiver connected to the Kentucky CORS to see what the results looked like. A nearby town has a control network ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"Combined household income is that of the married couple and does not include children, adult or not. Needless to say, it will vary from town to tow...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GNSS

Sorry John. I just checked mine and they are both the HGGDT_5 boards so I can't ad any commentary on what is happening with the HGGDT_7 boards. With ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GNSS

I've got a base/rover pair of Hiper Lite+ units that haven't been used in a while. I'll have a look and see what boards they have and see if they are...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: While your out here, could you...

👍 Definitely one to be extra cautious of before agreeing to take on the project. This is one of those odd instances where the guy may very wel...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1074
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"I’m just guessing when I say, the average PLS is not as good of a mentor as the average college survey instructor. Note I that I said average. If w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"I feel that the Certified Survey Technician program doesn’t get enough love and it could be a good test of mentorship for the non-degree person." I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"Yes, Jon-Payne, I understand there are experience requirements..." I was not suggesting you did not understand that. However, folks who oppose the 4...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"But if I wrote down the top 5 most arrogant, difficult, and non-cooperative surveyors I ever encountered, they would all be of the degreed strain."...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

" but they can sit for an exam in any state because of that 4 year degree. Also, I see engineers that sit for the exam that have zero experience in ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Communication

Been meaning to and keep forgetting, so I just ordered one as well!

3 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"I just think it’s absolutely ridiculous that is what it takes for an experienced and licensed individual in a neighboring state. ... and they accep...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

You seem set that you are not going to pursue meeting the requirements for the state(s) that call for a 4-year degree, but others may be in a similar ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"It would be a hardship at my age with a family to quit a good paying job and go to school full time and take on the expense of tuition, books, etc,...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

Reading through this thread, the "I think..." and "I feel..." statements are great as individual thoughts and feelings for general discussion and shou...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

"California (along with 3 other states, I think) provides a non-degree route to the bar exam, similar to an apprenticeship. If it’s good enough for ...

3 years ago
Page 6 / 82