AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Survey Truck Inventory

It might be blasphemy to some, but I would add in a water cooler. What's a kaiser blade (mmm-hmm)?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Lifting manhole lids safely

Sounds like several folks like the pick-axe method. I used that as well as the rebar method for a good bit when working at an engineering/surveying f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: today I learned...

Do you know the Alt+Tab one? If I can get in the habit of using it so that I remember that one, that is going to be very handy! Thanks.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring Ring

I don't think I'd take that client after the way it started.. In my experience, they don't really get better. I can't really blame him, Andy....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing Rates

Other professions train their people how to run a business. Surveyors hold everything close to the vest. Hence, all the complaints about not chargin...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing Rates

I think the challenge is how to decouple the value of a survey from the number of hours it will take to complete it. Hours per task is a concrete, eas...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Lifting manhole lids safely

I've not used one, but remember seeing them on a website years ago -

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

@thebionicman The lobbyist we used to have seemed really good. Any time we wanted to try to accomplish anything on the legislative front, one of thei...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

Great example: the Kentucky Licensing Bill thread within the last couple of days. That state was looking to address avenues to expand the ability to ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

Every society should have a lobbyist building relationships with legislators, especially the committee chairs who hear bills on our key subjects. T...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

@jflamm Thanks for the clarification. Changes can happen so quickly its hard to keep up with all of them, so I wasn't sure if that went away as well.

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 589
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 11
Views: 1060
Reply
RE: Billing Rates

Meaningless numbers. Yeah. With the number of posts contrasting the difference in fees over the years, from a national (or more importantly intern...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

I believe if you are an existing PLS in another state and have your NCEES Record, Kentucky will award you theirs after application. You don't have to...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

@tom-bushelman I don't recall the state and the specifics of the case that prompted the decision, but it turned our that the way the testing requireme...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

Isn't boundary work required to be done by or under direct supervision of a licensed surveyor? If so, it can only mean one thing. But I agree, would...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

At no point does the 2-year degree language indicate that those "2 years of unsupervised experience" may not be concurrently acquired while at univers...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Degree Requirement

I did mischaracterize, not the unsupervised experience, but this statement "...and would have removed the board of licensure's ability to determine if...

4 years ago
Page 16 / 82