AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
joe-b
joe-b
@joe-b
Free
Joined: June 14, 2017 7:25 pm
Last seen: April 9, 2026 4:59 pm
Topics: 3 / Replies: 86
Reply
RE: Reddit is Stupid

I know a surveyor who would fire him on the spot.?ÿ Personally, I would not be happy to see this, and even if it's just a lapse in judgment, it shows ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Reddit is Stupid

It doesn't take much.?ÿ It's not a GNSS system, it's not like he drives from point to point, hopping out for 2 minutes doing RTK, and hopping back in....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodesy for Dummies?

@vh I think they have a BS in surveying engineering.?ÿ It has about 60 credits in survey, which is typical for a major, as there are math, science, ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Laser beam of Trimble S5 versus Leica (reflectorless)

I think you didn't research the instrument enough to see its strengths and weaknesses, and now you are upset.?ÿ I would be very unhappy if I purchased...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone looking for a new job?

@holy-cow?ÿ I feel the details of the ad are much more extreme than what you describe.?ÿ I guess they want to make sure you are prepared for the wors...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone looking for a new job?

I like the volunteer police reserve officer: risk your life for zero pay, and zero respect from the public.?ÿ Volunteer Police Reserve Officer ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone looking for a new job?

@flga-2-2?ÿ I think this only deters honest applicants that see that they are not qualified for the position.?ÿ Then all the employer gets are BS art...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Where did you go to college and would you recommend it? Did anyone select interning instead of a degree?

I think the education route and experience, simultaneously is the best option if you can do it.?ÿ You will learn the most from both experience and edu...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Considering becoming a surveyor. AI, engineering degree, snakes, and demand.

@jd00?ÿ Like others have indicated, you will have to get an ABET bachelor in surveying to get licensed in NJ (if it isn't ABET-accredited then they n...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Considering becoming a surveyor. AI, engineering degree, snakes, and demand.

@jph?ÿ There was a short period of time where the state-specific exam requirement lapsed.?ÿ They pretty quickly reinstated it.?ÿ It didn't have anyth...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Considering becoming a surveyor. AI, engineering degree, snakes, and demand.

@lakehouse21?ÿ Only for surveying, not for engineering.?ÿ There will still be an experience-only route for engineers in NY as far as I know.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Closure

I was not aware of where he is located, but that's significant.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Closure

Yes, this may be his primary problem.?ÿ Calculate the CSF, apply the CSF to your traverse, then compare.?ÿ He traversed a distance of 4600+/-, with a ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Changing companies questions

There are trade-offs for everything.?ÿ The experiences you gained at a smaller business will help you and will be unique to you.?ÿ Not all large corpo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get your PLS License

My bad, I thought you mentioned something about being okay with surveying being a trade instead of a profession.?ÿ That's what I was commenting on.?ÿ ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get your PLS License

I know full well what the salaries of surveyors are statistically.?ÿ That statistic is what it is because of surveyors not charging enough or not dema...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to get your PLS License

There is a lot more to being a professional than the liabilities that go with it.?ÿ I've worked trades, and most of my family and friends work trades ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK GPS, Blind Faith, Accurracy, and working in harsh environments.

@kevinfoshee?ÿ I understand what you are saying.?ÿ I'm working with a lot fewer satellites where I am.?ÿ I'm thinking if you have 10 satellites, 1 dr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Curious What the Average Annual Cost of a BS Surveying/Geomatics Degree

Like I mentioned, for in-state, in-person schools, it is usually cheaper.?ÿ For instance, Alfred in NY offers a Bachelors for 7070/year in person, res...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Curious What the Average Annual Cost of a BS Surveying/Geomatics Degree

I can't tell if you say that in jest, but it would be surprising if they weren't getting a lot of surveying students.?ÿ I know online UMaine has over ...

5 years ago
Page 2 / 5