AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 3:04 pm
Topics: 2296 / Replies: 23720
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

@peter-lothian This county has many miles of river levees designed to protect farm land. This city has the highway mentioned that effectively work...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

@peter-lothian The question came up many times during Town Hall type meetings held by FEMA when announcing the new flood maps. The answer was alwa...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

The flooding in 2007 peaked two feet higher than the BFE in many places. At the same time, two rivers in the next county to the west had six feet and...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

Common sense should be allowed. A couple had a small home on the bluff overlooking the river by more than 100 feet of elevation. Their deed ran to ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

I will never forget the time I was setting a corner bar for a recently constructed home and at about 18 inches I hit a rock. I turned to the builder ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Your recent birthday probably contributed to your reflection on your life. Next year when you jump a decade will be more concerning. I have a frien...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

If it makes sense to surveyors, it is nonsense as viewed by government employees who may lose their title after any election cycle.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

That's why I proposed the big stone. Set about four to six inches deep and heavy enough to not move easily.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Creek boundary - What say you?

The reason the above scenario came to mind is that the only public access to that quarter section today is to the southeast corner where the house is....

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Creek boundary - What say you?

The closest thing I can compare to this situation is a farm a few miles from my house. The pioneer family about 1865 built their house along the west...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Remember when we had a fund raiser for a land surveyor in Lawton, Oklahoma who had a very serious cancer diagnosis that led to two or three decorated ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Creek boundary - What say you?

I would search all tracts back over 150 years when most modern bridges did not exist to find when this pathway was first described.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

I assume most of those who have become of this site in only the past few years do not realize that this is a privately-operated business. Wendell and...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

Just once I would like to see a surveyor report monument replacement as: Found leaning 1/2"bar with unreadable cap Pulled bar and replaced with ...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

My preference is to use the same symbols as I would use for other monumented corners. The difference is that they will have a label saying: Northwest...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

Is there any requirement to show a section corner differently from any other survey corner. I don't recall ever seeing such a dictate.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

Undivided interests. Now, that's a subject designed to make attorneys rich. My good next-door neighbors have both died within the passed year. The...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Today’s office

Wow! A pedestal farm.

4 months ago
Page 17 / 1301