AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
firestix
firestix
@firestix
Member
Joined: July 31, 2018 9:07 am
Last seen: August 27, 2026 12:39 pm
Topics: 77 / Replies: 224
Reply
RE: GIS again

I don't see this as a GIS problem. GIS is simply a method of displaying and attributing spatial information (Not too much unlike CAD). The problem ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor or Lawyer ... Road access

@bstrand [/quote] Should have said "What road?" 😏 [/quote] Oh, is a road. It's just not public. It's a private road owned by th...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1984
Topic
Replies: 19
Views: 2567
Reply
RE: American made drones?

I live near (and work on) a military base. If you want to be sure that your drone will be 100% cleared to fly, choose on from this site.It won't be c...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

OleManRiver,It does my heart good to hear someone call NGA by its original name ... DMA. Good times.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

Ashton, I think that's one of the big sales pitches for software and apps like OnX. To make sure you're not crossing boundaries. This sounds good in...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Shoes / Boots

Norman, You can replace speed eyelets?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

Again, I agree with you MightyMoe. Also, my county's GIS has this disclaimer that you have to "accept" to use the online mapping. Disclaimer: The in...

2 years ago
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 9
Views: 1604
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

Hey MightyMoe,I totally agree. I live in an area in Coastal NC that has a fairly good GIS, IF you know what areas to trust and the areas where your w...

2 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Court says drone pilot can’t offer mapping without NC surveyor’s license

This is the original notification letter that was sent to Mr. Jones by the NC Board.I don't think this is a "free speech" issue.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Courts side with NC Surveyors ... Thoughts?

...Sorry. I just realized that this was already posted. Move along ... nothing to see here. 🙄

2 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

Well ... I think they are looking to battle the County. This clip from the GIS is very recent. Up until a week ago, there was no indication of any ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

No houses on either lot. But the county had issued septic permits for both lots. And, there were no issues putting utilities along the Right-of-Way ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

It does, in fact say "Existing Graves". At least that's what my old eyes see. However, that portion is in the 20' Drainage Easement. As far as the...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

Finally got the "upload photo" to work. All who have commented "That's why you should get a survey first" are correct. Actually a few have been perf...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

@chris-bouffard There were 2 pics attached. Both were recorded surveys from the register of deeds. Both depicted the cemetery. As far as taxes ... the...

2 years ago
Page 2 / 16