AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Easement Question

@jitterboogie Yeah, I think first I read about this was maybe a Jerry Broadus article 30 some odd years ago in Washington probably. Utility company h...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

For there to be a merger they would need to be appurtenant easements. I think this situation you have gross easement for utilities. In other words, ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Software beginner

@native1 I've heard good things about this one: /p>

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you rehab monuments?

@jon-payne To muddy the waters, the u.s. supreme court says "shall" does not always mean "must" but can sometimes mean "may", if "shall" not defined i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Does everyone deserve to own land?

@holy-cow I like cannibals; but only with mushrooms and a salad.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Does everyone deserve to own land?

@bill93 Real Property is different than personal property in that you get certain rights for a certain amount of time, subject to the rights of others...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Does everyone deserve to own land?

From a legal standpoint, it's impossible for an individual to actually own land.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey

Yes it's normal for measurements not to match deed, in fact the opposite would be abnormal. Yes it's normal for individuals trying to replicate surve...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: "plot plan" versus "boundary survey"

The problem is the "plot plan" is considered a bona fide survey by the unsuspecting public. Generally these were created by and for lending, due to f...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey

Gotta agree with the OP.?ÿ Second request merely brings it to the top in case someone else might see it that didn't before.?ÿ Pretty simple request.?ÿ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Guess when this law was enacted?

Something similar in NY, but I think called for the Surveyor General to be involved.?ÿ But that position was eliminated (1930's?) because legislature ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Land Surveyor Supervisor (remote with seasonal deployments to Antarctica)

Even though I'm currently not getting along with the wife, you're going to have to up the pay.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

@michigan-left I love your arguments. Well played. I presume you are well educated in this area but maybe not a bunch of experience in court.?ÿ No mat...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

@norm I say yes, it is crucial to the outcome of the case. In fact I think it the only reason surveyors still exist.?ÿ I understand your point.?ÿ Bu...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

@norm Are boundaries really usually that cut and dried where you practice??ÿ I would rarely be able to depict a boundary on a map under those rules.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

@michigan-left My experience is that Judges want a survey or they will not even entertain the case; rather simply dismiss it. But there is a trend tow...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

@norm You are correct.?ÿ Rephrased, the court needed the surveys to determine whether an actual judicial dispute existed. In this case the location of...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Boundary fight advances to State Supreme Court

Lots of these loose arrangements/non-arrangements in farm country.?ÿ Usually they work themselves out.?ÿ When they go to court it's usually because ot...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Instructor, Land Surveying and Geomatics

@jon-payne Yes, accreditation is a process that never ends.?ÿ Needs to be managed and tweeked and improved continuously (part of the written requireme...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Instructor, Land Surveying and Geomatics

I imagine they intend to keep whoever they decide to hire.?ÿ Not offering tenure track is pretty common these days.?ÿ If the program doesn't get enoug...

4 years ago
Page 3 / 97