Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 30, 2026 1:43 pm
tds survey pro grid north with ground distancebMaybe somebody else has a better explanation.You wouldn't tilt your gun because you don't have calibrat...
tds survey pro grid north with ground distancebMy interpretation of that figure is:You are standing on the (brown) ground at the intersection with the...
tds survey pro grid north with ground distancebAt the tolerances you are working with, Laplace is irrelevant, since in most places it is only a few se...
LS is theoretically better than compass rule, but if you don't have any redundancy there probably isn't a big difference in performance. Where LS shi...
For an average 300 ft traverse leg, 1 second is 0.0015 ft or 0.44 mm. Your centering errors and EDM error could easily dominate over the angular erro...
Isn't it true that closing corners never bend the line they are closing on?
Speaking of the Pillsbury Dough BoyTo go further off topic, this bit of rye humor might make you smile if you're having a crumby day:(Assembled from v...
My first reading of that post says they agreed on title and were litigating over boundary.
Before I concluded that the pattern was intentional, I'd have to do a lot of trigonometry to see what the combined effects were of various imperfectio...
Purchasing Surveying Company-knowing when to let goTime to write those books.
By knowing HI at each end, and using only the two points, then C&R must cancel to the degree they are truly symmetrical.The form is probably the o...
C&R cancel exactly only if the two backsight distances were equal and the two foresight distances were equal. They will probably be close, but wh...
I wouldn't get my hopes too high, for something used for 5 years over a century ago, but you could get lucky.It would be worth looking at every Google...
There have been many horrifying mentions of DOT contractors in various states setting monuments "somewhere close" without the benefit of a PLS. If th...
That's pretty bad.But the urge to perfect the sections is not new. I posted this last June, where some of that thinking may have been going on:Somewh...
Glad you got it. I almost bid on it, just to have a chance to play with one on the firewood. But I figured after posting it here I shouldn't. I wou...