AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

Trimble 5603 R external battery blew a fuse

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,956 Views
syguima
(@syguima)
Posts: 2
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Good morning,

I have a trimble 5603 robotic station that I am trying to power using an external battery

I bought a special cable 20008-PX Trimble 5600 to Parani Transmitter Data Cable with Power from Western States Cablin.

I read some topics from this forum, and I decided to try a THUNDERBOLT SOLAR 12V, 35 Ah Sealed Lead-Acid Battery (AGM), I do understand that the chemistry is different (not a NIMH), but I have seen people saying it worked ok!

I connected the equipment to the battery, it ran for a few minutes, and the 3-amp fuse blew.

 The equipment is supposed to consume between 0.5-1.0 amps.

The AGM battery has 13.3v when fully charged, and the original battery has around 13.8v (NIMH) when fully charged.

The equipment runs fine when plugged into the AC power adaptor

Am I doing something wrong, or did I just get "lucky" with this fuse?

Please, I would appreciate any help

Guilherme Oliveira or "G"

 

 


 
Posted : June 24, 2025 10:55 am