AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1160
Reply
RE: Apple Watch

It took me fifteen years to finally make it to Hawaii for work. Like most old timers, I recall the “old days” and lament the changes. Especially the a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Apple Watch

FWIW. Living in a newly developed area there aren’t any NGS points with horizontal control nearby. I have not searched for any to test the watch. Tha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 20 July 2023 State Plane 2022 Preview

Oh no! This event is on Thursday. That’s tomorrow. Such an interesting topic…

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Converting Datums, NAVD88 (CGG2013) to match 1965 survey - Manitoba, Canada

I speculate that the CGVD28(HT2.0) takes GNSS-derived ellipsoid heights applies a gravimetric geoid model then another model to account for the differ...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 595
Reply
RE: Upper Peninsula Surveying

Do you use GPS-only or multi-constellation? I see no GNSS solution to dense canopy. Years ago there were some hydraulic towers used in Scandinavia. Ob...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing Galileo's High Accuracy Service

FWIW, the service web page is: Included on this site is the following: I would work through link in the image above. HTH, DMM

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 676
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1117
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@oldpacer Evidently you did not carefully read the article. It does not discuss using one SV for positioning. It does, in the context of analyzing t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

As autonomous positioning relies on the broadcast ephemeris, users interested in its accuracy might want to view this article:

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

I did not realize this was an old post. There are broken links embedded in some replies. For the Helmert transformation parameters used by the US NGS...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(2011)

@oldpacer FWIW, any visit to Australia should include visits to the Gondwana Rainforests. Lovely, lush, verdant with abundant wildlife.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lets have some fun Magnetic declination 1800 to 2023 then to NAD83 2011 Grid north

First of all, I am no expert on magnetic variation nor bearings. I am also familiar with the form and the source of its contents. I do see that the C...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 970
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1240
Reply
RE: Lets have some fun Magnetic declination 1800 to 2023 then to NAD83 2011 Grid north

Output in CSV format shown below. Registration is not required to run the tool. The registration request is an attempt to justify their support for th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lets have some fun Magnetic declination 1800 to 2023 then to NAD83 2011 Grid north

This addresses the changes between dates. Note the highlighted section. Note as well that access requires registration.

3 years ago
Page 2 / 78