AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
FrozenNorth
FrozenNorth
@frozennorth
Free
Joined: July 15, 2015 10:49 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 696
Reply
RE: Thalweg vs. Thread

For some reason surveyors have begun to use rhe term "thalweg" to mean "thread". The use of the term "thalweg" makes no sense in reference ro a water ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Boundary Survey

I'm troubled with finding monuments that seem to be the corners but are feet off the record dimensions. Really? That's pretty normal for me. I su...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best units for tree canopy

My dad was a PLS. In the normal course of working together, I would criticize his work, and ask for an explanation. His sometimes comeback was "Nathan...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Thalweg vs. Thread

For some reason surveyors have begun to use rhe term "thalweg" to mean "thread". The use of the term "thalweg" makes no sense in reference ro a water ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Thalweg vs. Thread

As it turns out, surveyors have to share words with everyone else, and we don't get to redefine things just because they enter our sphere of influence...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Test the new guy?

@jitterboogie Maybe... Don't know about you, but I started making mistakes on day one (and in other jobs before surveying). Recognizing them for what...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Test the new guy?

I'll guarantee you the know-it-all in the OP will lie to you if you accuse him/her of doing something wrong. Yes. I have found the following inter...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Explaining datum to a search team

For this purpose, I think Datum=Reference Frame [or maybe even reference system] Some of the confusion you see might stem from the definition of dat...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Slope staking on exam

It's good to know how to slope stake with a rag tape and a level, just to be firm on the fundamentals and to be able to knock out the occasional quick...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Best units for tree canopy

I'm a Javad fan. Well you've been playing that awfully close to the vest.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Land Surveyor Supervisor (remote with seasonal deployments to Antarctica)

@jimcox Median price for a home in San Diego county is something like 850k. @williwaw The median for New Zealand is $944,767 pacific pesos Which ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) Training Program

I was especially disappointed that the program website was down for most of a year which prevented me from taking CE courses when I had time, then it ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Let's Talk Keyboards! Mechanical??

For sure mechanical, the clacking lets your colleagues know that you're really cranking out the work.?ÿ Make sure it has the number pad, that's all!

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 480
Reply
RE: Learn Surveying at home!

Pretty neat.?ÿ And sad.?ÿ Nothing new under the sun, I guess.?ÿ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: State line

The west of the two monuments is 0.04' north of the state line. The east of the two monuments is 0.003' north of the state line.?ÿ By my calculation...

4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Reply
RE: Pebble in my shoe

I think the Monument Record protects you from that liability, since you will show that you only restored it to make it "readily identifiable and reaso...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Pebble in my shoe

Why not put your cap on it and file a Monument Record?

4 years ago
Page 2 / 36