AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 28, 2026 9:42 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: CURTA Type II Calculator for sale.

I've never handled a Curta, but I remember the ads in Scientific American back in the '60's. I think I'm a year and a half older than Paden. Another ...

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

In thinking it over, I realize that GEOCON couldn't have done anything about that 1 foot. What was needed was a closer point with both triangulation ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

I start with the published NAD83(1996) latest coordinates from the data sheets for those points (or the RM3 position computed from them). I run GEOCO...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Books and Manuals for sale.

A few years ago I picked up White's book from our public library discard shelf for $1. Must not have been checked out enough times.

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Field Book Preservation

chris mills, post: 370679, member: 6244 wrote: Exactly right. Always keep paper and film documents in the coolest place you have - it slows down any c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

GeeOddMike, post: 370695, member: 677 wrote: Looking at the control in your area I am surprised the agreement was as good. I probably wasn't clear i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

GeeOddMike, post: 370206, member: 677 wrote: Were you using NADCON or GEOCON? For this position, GEOCON2.0 using FBN (=1996) to 2011 gives coordinate...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Perks of being County Surveyor

I had a g-g-great uncle who was county surveyor for some decades in the years after the civil war, 20+ years after the original GLO surveys. Someday ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia GRX2 antenna

If there is any chance the radio will try to transmit, it is best to leave the antenna on. Otherwise, it would be trying to push XX watts into an ope...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Things that make me glad to be retiring

Some of those places are all about rules. I once was escorted to a meeting in the inner compound of a base. As we were leaving, the guard at the inn...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

linebender, post: 370222, member: 449 wrote: the foot difference you are seeing is typical for your area on the classic monuments. Thanks for the con...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Do me a favor? Process L1-only file against CORS

Yes, that's about the shift I calculated from your coordinates. The significance or insignificance of that difference is the subject of another threa...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 4040
Reply
RE: Do me a favor? Process L1-only file against CORS

Thanks, Kent. That result, and especially the uncertainty, are amazing! Yes, I knew I was pushing it and expected a larger uncertainty than that. B...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Do me a favor? Process L1-only file against CORS

summerprophet:I ran the L1/L2 file soon enough that it used ultra-rapid data, then again when it had rapid data. People usually report, and it fits m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Do me a favor? Process L1-only file against CORS

Probably about 6 km to IAMN and 25 km to NLIB. The others OPUS uses for sessions in this area are IAWN, IATA, and IAMQ all further. OPUS sometimes do...

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: "Attention Conrad or Math Teacher...report to the Office please..."

Make sure your level vial is calibrated before doing any other adjustments. You probably know the routine, but just in case ... Level the instrument ...

10 years ago
Page 339 / 501