TCA1100

• Posted by Deletant_user on October 18, 2023 at 6:55 pm

Hello, everyone.

I’ve recently inherited a Leica TPS1000 Series TCA1100, a surveying instrument that I believe is considered a relic in the field. While I’m not a professional surveyor, I do have some minor experience with Leica’s 1200 series and Viva Leica TS instruments. My requirements are rather straightforward; I need to be able to obtain measurements for horizontal distance, height, and slope distance, as well as the obvious vertical and horizontal angles. These measurements are required in reflectorless mode since I’ll be measuring distances from the laser to fixed points, making the use of prisms unnecessary.

As I’m in the process of researching and familiarizing myself with this instrument, I was hoping to seek some guidance from this awesome community:

1). Is it possible to set up my TCA1100 to capture straightforward reflectorless measurements, and if so, could you kindly guide me through the process?

2). Is it possible to download the data in .csv format from this particular instrument?

Thank you

cf-67 replied 6 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • cf-67

cf-67

October 19, 2023 at 7:25 am

https://www.engineeringsurveyor.com/utilities/index.htm

Look in the Leica Programs here – you may need an older PC (Windows XP?) with a serial port, or deal with a serial to USB interface on a newer PC.

I don’t think the TCA will be reflectorless – you need TCR/TCRA.

It will still shoot to reflective stick on targets, but not true reflectorless.