question on what this symbol is on older survey from 1983

• question on what this symbol is on older survey from 1983

Posted by Tom wuesthoff on May 12, 2020 at 1:34 am

hi everybody I have my neighbors survey as I requested it from the town . is it possible this symbol on the drawing could be a parcel tie or vinculmn. I will attach a picture it. its right under where it says “wall” thank you tom Wuesthoff

NotSoMuch replied 4 years ago 8 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • jhframe

jhframe

May 12, 2020 at 3:01 am

That’s such a low resolution image that it’s hard to make much out of it.  Do you have a legible copy?

• Tom wuesthoff

Tom wuesthoff

May 12, 2020 at 3:54 am

@jim-frame
    Hi Jim Iƒ??ll try uploading a better pic tommorow . Itƒ??s prob as good as its gunna get the town sent me a copy of it via mail . Itƒ??s like a copy of a copy haha.

• Tom wuesthoff

Tom wuesthoff

May 12, 2020 at 3:58 am

@jim-frame
    I think the parcel hook symbol is a little different but I donƒ??t want to write it off as my 25 strip of land ends there according to my beliefs lol .

• a-harris

a-harris

May 12, 2020 at 5:42 am

It could possibly be a solid line and a dashed line.

The rest simply looks like digital garbage from a fax machine digitizing a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy, aka, something that gets faxed over and over by each recepient to the next.

It also could be the result of enlarging the image over and over creating digital garbage.

Seeing more of the image may be helpful.

Request an original copy be sent through the mail or a high quality scan of the original that you can enlarge yourself.

good luck

• brad-ott

brad-ott

May 12, 2020 at 12:55 pm

It might be an indicator of a broken line for purpose of making the drawing to scale for a certain size sheet of paper?

• MightyMoe

MightyMoe

May 12, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Low resolution scanner, there is probably a decent original drawing or copy in the records. I’m going with the smudge is meaningless. I was getting scans from an agency that were similar, you could spend hours looking at them to puzzle them out, then the agency got a better scanner and boom all was good. 

• Norman_Oklahoma

Norman_Oklahoma

May 12, 2020 at 3:56 pm

It looks like a trip to the vault to view the original. Nevertheless, I think that you may be grasping at straws.

• holy-cow

holy-cow

May 12, 2020 at 6:54 pm

@tom-wuesthoff

Those of us who work with deciphering such hieroglyphics every week have quite a time doing so. It is not easy to do. Sometimes impossible. We can come up with 18 possible meanings for the same glob of gobbledygook. Having the entire document helps as there may be similar globs in other places which assists us in more accurately guessing the intent.

• NotSoMuch

NotSoMuch

May 13, 2020 at 10:51 am

I don’t know what the original poster is meaning by “parcel hook” or “vinculum” but what I read out of that low-res picture is “Corner Stone” and “Wall 1.9′ SW”.  Those labels are above a stone wall linetype with the possibility of a road or ROW center line below that.

My $0.02

Jeff D.