Professional Land Surveyor – California
Professional Land Surveyor (California)
Jim Gillis, Survey Manager
FLSA Exempt ?? Salary
Remote & Some in the field
Who We Are
VeriDaaS aims to become the dominant, non-satellite-based, geospatial data-driven solutions enabler and will transition into a full solutions provider serving many applications across multiple verticals.
We will fundamentally change the way geospatial data is consumed and utilized by providing the highest quality data, tools, and solutions through a Data-as-a-Service platform and through national-scale solutions that enhance the lives of millions of end users.
The successful candidate will contribute towards the team effort, leveraging previous experience on a survey field crew to assist other crew members in performing ground control and verification surveys that improve the data quality of our aerial surveys, utilizing RTN, Base and Rover RTK, and Static GNSS.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The role facilitates solution implementation following the guidelines for producing aerial data as per the ASPRS Positional Accuracy Standards for Digital Geospatial Data (Edition 1, Version 1.0. ?? November 2014)
- USGS National Geospatial Program??s LiDAR Base Specification Book 11, Collection and Delineation of Spatial Data The position requires knowledge of the use of, and the processing of raw data from a variety of leading-edge survey technologies used in field data acquisition
- Travel, both nationally (CONUS) and internationally (OCONUS) is to be expected on an occasional basis facilitating the acquisition of high-quality data in a safe, effective, and compliant manner
- This opportunity means direct interaction with, and instruction from the VeriDaaS Survey Manager and typically a Project Manager assigned to specific client projects, as well as regular interactions with our Survey Field Crew personnel and our Survey Technicians
- Assigns duties and monitors the quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and government regulations
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions
- Possess at the minimum a current untrammeled license to practice Professional Land Surveying in the State of California
- An Associate??s or a bachelor’s degree in Surveying or a Survey related field
- Minimum of 5 years prior survey experience both in the field and the office
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Experience with some or all the following software packages: Leica Infinity, Carlson/AutoCAD/Civil 3D, MicroStation, Terrestrial/Mobile LiDAR processing
- Understanding of control network establishment and experience locating existing control
- Working knowledge of DOT-based route surveying along with various types of key surveying activities (boundary, topographic, as-built, construction taking)
- Proficient with Field Survey equipment both conventional and GNSS, preferably from Leica Geosystems.
- Adaptable to technologies such as laser scanning and mapping with drones
- Ability to understand, process, and interpret survey data
- Confidence in adopting new technologies
- Ability to solve problems and perform technical analyses
- Understand proper checklist, manual, and SOP use and integration
- Demonstrate competency in operational logistics and field operations
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully complete a background check and I-9 e-verification
- Includes a Motor Vehicle Records check
- Managing People: Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Ethics & Diversity: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values. s. As well as demonstrating knowledge of EEO policy, showing respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educating others on the value of diversity; Promoting a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Continually required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The foregoing is intended to describe the general nature of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts the employer??s right to assign, reassign, augment, diminish, or otherwise modify the duties and responsibilities of this job at any time. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The forum ‘Surveying Jobs’ is closed to new discussions and replies.