<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Discussion Forums for Land Surveyors - Recent Posts				            </title>
            <link>https://rpls.com/forums/</link>
            <description>The online resource for Land Surveyors</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 03:21:09 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595537</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 03 Oct 2026 00:31:02 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I’d think you static plan will definitely show accurate relationships - but you may never know what actually happened with the other folks’ data.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I’d think you static plan will definitely show accurate relationships - but you may never know what actually happened with the other folks’ data. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>rankin_file</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595537</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595536</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 23:30:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[There is a great country song with the line:  Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.  I have applied that at times in my career for situations where I am very glad to not be involved ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>There is a great country song with the line:  Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.  I have applied that at times in my career for situations where I am very glad to not be involved in any way.  Listening to other's misery is comforting at times.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>holy-cow</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595536</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595535</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 22:50:57 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I totally agree. That said if you had almost a foot of difference in elevation on the same point when measuring it by two different means and with different equipment used by others, I can’t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[
<p>“OPUS” and “weirdness” occur in the same sentence too often. That being said, It is a GREAT tool and I’m thankful for it. </p>
<p></p>
<p>I totally agree. That said if you had almost a foot of difference in elevation on the same point when measuring it by two different means and with different equipment used by others, I can’t help but want to get to the bottom of why? What  could be causing there to be that much of a difference in the results?  I can’t say that it is an issue on the OPUS end when it could very well be something entirely different. It triggers my OCD to want to get to the bottom of it. The ghost in the machine. I’m borrowing a couple receivers next week and I’ll let them cook simultaneously, play with CORS used to process, pay attention to VDOP forecasting and try and corner that ghost.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Williwaw</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595535</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Surveyors are............................................</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595534</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 21:37:36 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Those employed by the Board of Technical Professions start off by searching record plats, corner reports, etc. that are easily found or have been received from the one filing the complaint. ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Those employed by the Board of Technical Professions start off by searching record plats, corner reports, etc. that are easily found or have been received from the one filing the complaint.  I'm sure the absence of corner reports, for example, makes them wonder what else is not being done correctly.  The county reviewers are not normally contacted, or, at least, I have never been asked to supply any information to their investigation.  I could see, though, where a reviewer might turn someone in to the Board.</p>
<p>Land surveyors are the easiest technical profession in Kansas to be investigated as their work products are many and somewhat easy to find.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>holy-cow</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595534</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595533</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 20:55:41 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[“OPUS” and “weirdness” occur in the same sentence too often. That being said, It is a GREAT tool and I’m thankful for it.]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>“OPUS” and “weirdness” occur in the same sentence too often. That being said, It is a GREAT tool and I’m thankful for it. </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>rankin_file</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/software-cad-mapping/opus-weirdness-with-ortho-hgts/#post-595533</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Surveyors are............................................</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595532</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 20:46:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[That&#039;s a pretty brash statement. Having practiced in both Oregon (as well as Washington and British Columbia) where there is review, and in Oklahoma where there is not, I can state with cert...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p></p>
<p>Reviewing plats does not protect the public.</p>
<p></p>
<p>That's a pretty brash statement. Having practiced in both Oregon (as well as Washington and British Columbia) where there is review, and in Oklahoma where there is not, I can state with certainty that where there is review the quality of the maps is, on average, much, much higher.  The connection to the work on the ground comes in when another surveyor comes in to survey an adjacent property, or to resurvey the subject property.  The well prepared map states what, why, and where things have been found &amp; set. If the ground says otherwise, we may have grounds for, shall we say, further investigation.</p>
<p>I'll grant you that some reviewers perform their assigned tasks a little too enthusiastically. But object to any review at all? </p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>Norman_Oklahoma</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595532</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Quotes about Error</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/quotes-ob-error/#post-595531</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 20:46:25 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Lol, 
Only 5 sats visible and that was the window. Sometimes it was more reasonable. 
The old Ashtech Z12 and Trimble 4000 where two I remembe.  Big ground plane antenna and taking 8 hi me...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>Lol, </p>
<p>Only 5 sats visible and that was the window. Sometimes it was more reasonable. </p>
<p>The old Ashtech Z12 and Trimble 4000 where two I remembe.  Big ground plane antenna and taking 8 hi measurements around the rim of the antenna.  Big car battery size batteries. Fun times.</p>
<p>Gave me an opportunity to pick the brains of manufacturers engineers , etc.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>GaryG</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/quotes-ob-error/#post-595531</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Quotes about Error</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/quotes-ob-error/#post-595530</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 20:36:33 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Were you guys Vampires or just trying to keep the sun from affecting the movement of the tripod?]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p></p>
<p>10pm start and 4 hour sessions</p>
<p></p>
<p>Were you guys Vampires or just trying to keep the sun from affecting the movement of the tripod?</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>lurker</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/quotes-ob-error/#post-595530</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Surveyors are............................................</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595529</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 20:34:25 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I think the government could demonstrate a compelling interest in requiring a tie to a GLO corner—one that would survive First Amendment scrutiny—when the property description relies on the ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>I think the government could demonstrate a <strong>compelling interest</strong> in requiring a tie to a GLO corner—one that would survive First Amendment scrutiny—when the property description relies on the Public Land Survey System. However, requiring a narrative of 'proof' that must satisfy government review is purely content-based and almost certainly violates free speech protections.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>pls8xx</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595529</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>RE: Surveyors are............................................</title>
                        <link>https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595528</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 19:55:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[@pls8xx 
The &quot;City&quot; survey will be described relative to whatever plat the survey falls into from a block corner or some other internal corner.  &quot;Beginning at the southwest corner of Block ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[<p>@pls8xx </p>
<p>The "City" survey will be described relative to whatever plat the survey falls into from a block corner or some other internal corner.  "Beginning at the southwest corner of Block 6 of Murphy's Addition to the City of Hickville"  There is no expectation to returning to some corner of the section in which it falls.  </p>
<p>The rural Government Corner question is quite valid.  You can ask for ALL corners submitted as LSRRs from the Historical Society rather than just the most recently filed LSRR.  Plus the surveyor should have made an exhaustive search of all sources of survey data at the County Office.  You can find different monuments being of record (pin cushion) or you can declare they all are invalid for some reason.  Then you need to say on your drawing that you have found more than one and believe your solution to be correct.  Simply showing "Set bar" does not satisfy proving your theory of location as required.</p>]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://rpls.com/forums/"></category>                        <dc:creator>holy-cow</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://rpls.com/forums/strictly-surveying/surveyors-are/paged/2/#post-595528</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		